Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flare watch 12/3/15

JB80

With AR2297 banging out the flares I thought I'd try and catch a few today, I missed the first one but then caught the two in quick succession around lunch time but again I missed the bigger one after.

Still the two I caught were around M1.6 & 1.4 and about 30 minutes apart and the whole time in between it was crackling away so it was not all that bad. The smaller one was the one with more bright activity of a wider area.

16794251042_6e1e3e65e1_o.jpg

16175447253_b1e037477b_o.jpg

Well caught Jarrod, had scope set up all day while I was gardening but obstinate high cloud made viewing impossible, same now looking at satellite weather there's a N /S band of cloud stuck over me. :sad:

Dave

Cheers everybody!

Looks like I have to get in too while I can, the forecast for the weekend isn't good and I'm certainly not a fan of the long range for next Friday. I'll be ropeable if they are right.

Archived