Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eclipse - travel arrangements, breakfast, BT tour details

Mark at Beaufort

These are the details if you have signed up to visit the Madley Environmental Study Centre to view the Eclipse

• The Centre opens at 7.30am to enable the setting up of equipment before the start of the Eclipse - you can come later, if you wish, but remember breakfast ends at 9am
  • You will be met at the gate and given directions where to park - all SGL members should be together
  • Within your welcome pack (when you arrive at Lucksall) you will receive detailed advice on the route - it should take about 25 minutes. Some SGL members may require a lift so it would be useful if you are willing to car share.
  • 8am to 9am Sausage/Bacon rolls will be served. It is important that you pick up your food tokens either from Daz or myself. If you want tea/coffee you will be charged 50p
  • The Eclipse starts at 8.23am
  • Maximum Solar Eclipse is 9.29am
  • The Eclipse ends at 10.38am
  • 11.15am    1st Tour of BT Satellite Station   - if you are on the second group you will be allowed to stay in the BT Canteen where you will be able to buy tea/coffee
  • 11.45am    2nd Tour of BT Satellite Station

After the end of the Eclipse - 150 children will be given astronomy themed activities - this will not involve SGL members who are likely to return to Lucksall for lunch

If you have any queries just ask me. I won't be camping at Lucksall but I will visit most days leading up to the Friday.

Thanks for sorting Mark, its going to be great.

One thing that's just occurred to me, we'll have to drive in the motorhome (good in the sense I can also offer lifts if needed!) but is there a barrier or anything similar on the entrance that might prevent driving anything more than a car on? Being owned by BT I wondered if there might be a hight restriction?

Cheers

Will

Thanks for sorting Mark, its going to be great.

One thing that's just occurred to me, we'll have to drive in the motorhome (good in the sense I can also offer lifts if needed!) but is there a barrier or anything similar on the entrance that might prevent driving anything more than a car on? Being owned by BT I wondered if there might be a hight restriction?

Cheers

Will

Will you won't be driving through the BT Barriers. You need to drive an extra 100 metres past their entrance to the Brightwells Auction Site gate.

Gav I think its going to be 'first come - first served'. Some members may wish to watch the BBC programme before going around the BT site. In the end we will sort it out on the day.

I have my final meeting at Madley at 1pm today just to make sure everything has been considered.

Gav I think its going to be 'first come - first served'. Some members may wish to watch the BBC programme before going around the BT site. In the end we will sort it out on the day.

I have my final meeting at Madley at 1pm today just to make sure everything has been considered.

Perfect! Fingers crossed for a cloud free morning...

Archived