Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ mod, what is it? Benefits of using it??

Astroblagger

Hi

Judging by your lovely images on Flickr, you obviously don't need it! Some people like using it though it only supports Synta mounts so other makes have to manage without it anyway. I use it with my Heq5, but can't with the AVX. I think if you run Astrotortilla or other plate solving software then you can do without it.

Louise

I use a C11 on a NEQ6pro mount, with CdC and EQmod for spectroscopy.

Majic happens!!

So easy to select a target, get the scope to slew and get on with the "Data farming"

I also use Teamviewer to do this from the comfort of the home office.....

I think if you run Astrotortilla or other plate solving software then you can do without it.

Yes, you can do without eqmod, just like you can do without astrotortilla, phd, stellarium etc.However it is wrong to confuse astrotorilla with EQMOD. Astrotortilla is just a plate solver it doesn't actually make anyrhing happen at the mount - that is what the mount driver does. EQMOD is a mount driver and handset replacement.

EQMOD provides a rich set of mount control functions - some may be appropriate to you own paeticular needs, others not. Also some functions are difficult to appreciate until you use them in practice. If you go onto the EQMOD project website there a FAQ section that will answer the bqsic quesion of what EQMOD is and the features is provides. Many of these functions are also covered in a series of youtube video tutorials.

Chris

EQMOD takes over quite a bit of the logic of the controlling of the mount, and it does it better than the handset does. I strongly recommend it!

/per

This is from somebody that would know..... :)

Chris has made a thread while i typed mine along with eating a bowl of porridge  so that's another knowledgeable reply....

Yes, you can do without eqmod, just like you can do without astrotortilla, phd, stellarium etc.However it is wrong to confuse astrotorilla with EQMOD. Astrotortilla is just a plate solver it doesn't actually make anyrhing happen at the mount - that is what the mount driver does. EQMOD is a mount driver and handset replacement.

EQMOD provides a rich set of mount control functions - some may be appropriate to you own paeticular needs, others not. Also some functions are difficult to appreciate until you use them in practice. If you go onto the EQMOD project website there a FAQ section that will answer the bqsic quesion of what EQMOD is and the features is provides. Many of these functions are also covered in a series of youtube video tutorials.

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes, I know! I run eqmod with my heq5, thanks :) But if you have a Celestron mount then eqmod isn't available so you have to make do.

Louise

Archived