SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGLX Workshops?

tich

I'd like a complete beginners guide to AP if anyone can help. Seeing an expert in action might give me an idea if I can do it or not.

If by complete beginners guide you mean a guide by a complete beginner, then I'm your man :). just watch me and do the exact opposite

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Michael

Please could you give me a shout on Pitch 107 please if you are able to secure a kind person to give you a complete beginners guide to AP, as I would be very interested too?

I shall be on site as from about 5 pm on the Wednesday.

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

we'l be neighbours so come over for a chat/beer :D

we'l be neighbours so come over for a chat/beer :D

Hello Scott

Thank you for the invite, you too are most welcome to visit an old Manxman in my little old van. 

Just bought an second hand Canon, its a eos 400, not got a clue as how to use it yet, only got it a couple of days ago, so its a case of read the manual when I get there and hope I can turn the flash off......

Best regards, Hadyn - IOM

I'd like a complete beginners guide to AP if anyone can help. Seeing an expert in action might give me an idea if I can do it or not.

You're welcome to pop over to "me hut" and I'll give you a run-through of the setup and capture process. Might have to pretend its dark/clear though :D or I can visit if you fancy learning the process with your own kit.

The 130 will be on display again for anyone interested in modding their Skywatcher newt focusers to a purely threaded solution.

I'll join any class for Imaging/processing tips, if there are any spaces?

Did I see an image of yours in S@N a few months back PhotoGav?

Andromeda?

Yes, that was me! It's been a bit of an imaging drought over the last couple of months since then though :mad:

Look forward to meeting you at the Uranium Masterclass.

Phew.... just finished my first draft of the session notes, including a how-to in getting the cannistra colour scheme for this image:

Well, Uranium235, If you can move my images halfway toward your example picture I will be over the moon.

Well, Uranium235, If you can move my images halfway toward your example picture I will be over the moon.

It certainly will be possible for you to do it with your own NB data after a bit of practice, given that you have met the prerequisite conditions: Best focus possible, lots of data depth, a flat background, no hot pixels and as little noise as possible.

Archived