Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar.thumb.jpg.ef4882eb5fb3610f8a68e5e6913de0e3.jpg

tich

SGLX Workshops?

Scott    4,695

I'd like a complete beginners guide to AP if anyone can help. Seeing an expert in action might give me an idea if I can do it or not.

If by complete beginners guide you mean a guide by a complete beginner, then I'm your man :). just watch me and do the exact opposite

• Like 3

Scott    4,695

Hello Michael

Please could you give me a shout on Pitch 107 please if you are able to secure a kind person to give you a complete beginners guide to AP, as I would be very interested too?

I shall be on site as from about 5 pm on the Wednesday.

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

we'l be neighbours so come over for a chat/beer :D

hadyn42    82

we'l be neighbours so come over for a chat/beer :D

Hello Scott

Thank you for the invite, you too are most welcome to visit an old Manxman in my little old van. 

Just bought an second hand Canon, its a eos 400, not got a clue as how to use it yet, only got it a couple of days ago, so its a case of read the manual when I get there and hope I can turn the flash off......

Best regards, Hadyn - IOM

• Like 1

Uranium235    5,956

I'd like a complete beginners guide to AP if anyone can help. Seeing an expert in action might give me an idea if I can do it or not.

You're welcome to pop over to "me hut" and I'll give you a run-through of the setup and capture process. Might have to pretend its dark/clear though :D or I can visit if you fancy learning the process with your own kit.

The 130 will be on display again for anyone interested in modding their Skywatcher newt focusers to a purely threaded solution.

• Like 1

Jonk    710

Haydn, i'll be happy to take you through the basics... We'll be in 108 so you're more than welcome to pull up a chair!

• Like 1

PhotoGav    2,192

I'm always happy to talk about astro imaging at great length and in intricate detail, so do feel free to get me started and I might be able to help a little bit!

See you there.

Gav.

• Like 1

Uranium235    5,956

Phew.... just finished my first draft of the session notes, including a how-to in getting the cannistra colour scheme for this image:

15783610848_f8f02bc610_z.jpg

• Like 4

animal666    16

I'll join any class for Imaging/processing tips, if there are any spaces?

Did I see an image of yours in S@N a few months back PhotoGav?

Andromeda?

PhotoGav    2,192

I'll join any class for Imaging/processing tips, if there are any spaces?

Did I see an image of yours in S@N a few months back PhotoGav?

Andromeda?

Yes, that was me! It's been a bit of an imaging drought over the last couple of months since then though :mad:

Look forward to meeting you at the Uranium Masterclass.

• Like 1

focaldepth    70

Phew.... just finished my first draft of the session notes, including a how-to in getting the cannistra colour scheme for this image:

Well, Uranium235, If you can move my images halfway toward your example picture I will be over the moon.

Uranium235    5,956

Well, Uranium235, If you can move my images halfway toward your example picture I will be over the moon.

It certainly will be possible for you to do it with your own NB data after a bit of practice, given that you have met the prerequisite conditions: Best focus possible, lots of data depth, a flat background, no hot pixels and as little noise as possible.