NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 before Moonrise

centroid

Not perfect 'seeing' by any means, but a clear sky last night, with the Moon not rising until a bit later.

Decided to have another 'crack' at M51, before the Moon came up.

12" LX200R + f/6.3 Celestron FR. SXVF-H9C and 600sec subs. Processed in AA4.

Dave

post-13389-133877339488_thumb.jpg

80 mins in 8x600 sec subs, then the Moon started to appear so I stopped.

Although the sky was relatively clear, it was a bit hazy, which has obviuosly 'robbed' some of the finer detail, but given the conditions and less subs than I would have liked, I guess its not too bad.

BTW, I remberered to change the orientation of the camera for you. :rolleyes:

Dave

That's a corking piece of work Dave, if you say you could improve on it, they may as well decommission the Hubble, and save the expense of another servicing mission. Weeelll, maybe not, but it's still a gold medal shot.

Ron. :rolleyes:

Given the right sort of 'seeing' Ron, and a lot more time on it, there's a lot more to come from that particular object.

I'm sure we will see this when Mike (Yfronto), and Martin (MartinB) produce the end result of their ongoing M51 project, which will probably equate to several hours of exposure.

Dave

Very, very nice result Dave, the colour is spot on and the detail is sweeet.

Don't hold your breath for my attempt at this, last night I managed One 3 min sub before the cloud rolled in. :rolleyes:

Mike.

Archived