Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bresser Skylux 70/700

Hi guys,

So i recently got a Bresser 70/700 telescope, and of course i'm a level 0 'star-gazer'.

And i need some help in using the bits included, and yes i have read the manual.

Also i was wondering if i should get a camera and was wondering how you would attach it to the telescope.

Thanks !

Simple 70mm dia 700mm focal length refractor, should be on a small EQ mount according to Bressier.

Putting a camera on it is a little pointless, DSLR is certainly not worth considering, just is not going to be at all useable, and a webcam much the same. Neither are able to track and you cannot realistically do it manually. For any imaging there are sort of minimum requirements and the 70/700 basically does not get to that minimum.

To use visually you need to align main scope and finder, I would not bother with the 1.5x erecting lens. 250x max magnification is not possible, 100x may be but not a chance of 250x.

Should be OK on the Moon, double stars, brighter nebula like M42 and a good number of clusters.

I use this scope ontop of my 6" sky-watcher refractor as a web-cam guide scope and it works well, you should be able to use a web-cam with it for the moon and planets! it not a bad little scope and you will see at east 4 of the moons of Jupiter and some banding and the rings of Saturn but they will be small! As Ronin says, don't bother with the barlow/erection lens, and I would not use a eye-piece lower then 10mm with this scope. 20 to 25mm is good and maybe a 10 to 15mm.

Get used to using it visually first, have a look at the moon and Jupiter. For star clusters go for M45, M35, M36, M37 and M38. For nebula look at M42.

This should get you started. Then when you're familiar with the equipment, try some web camming on the moon.

Okay thanks.

Also where would i get different lenses as such (10mm) 

e-bay, astroboot, FLO, price from about £15 to £150, 

amazon do a nice 10mm Orbinar that really very good for the money!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orbinar-Plossl-10mm-eyepiece-31-7mm/dp/B00858IF1U/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1419782595&sr=8-7&keywords=10mm+telescope+eyepieces

This guy has a £6 webcam. Is it possible to get one with better detail ?

Thanks 

I think the clip was posted because it shows you the sort of images your scope could show you rather than for the quality of the web cam.

This thread has a link to a very cheap webcam which I am currently trying out.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/228288-fun-with-tablet-and-webcam/?fromsearch=1

Another very cheap webcam is the xbox webcam also on ebay.

Better but more expensive is the Phillips spc900 also try ebay.

After that have a go with what you can find hanging around that friends/family may have.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello and welcome to the forum :smiley:

Saw your December post, re the Skylux and you mentioned manuel where did you obtain it
Many thanks
Viceroy

There is a PDF copy of the manual for the 70 / 700 attached to this post from an earlier thread:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/239278-missing-instruction-manual-for-bresser-skylux-70700/?p=2597535

Archived