NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 1396 150MM Mamiya Lens

Having not taken an image since Aug due to weather and equipment issues. I was not going to waste a clear night

even if it was full moon.  I have quite a restricted view of the sky from my back yard and with the moon in Taurus this subject was best placed

Only 5 x 15 min exposure, Mamiya 645 150mm lens at F4, SXVH694 camera, Baader 5mn Ha filter, riding on EQ8.

Not a lot of data so quite a bit of noise.  I also have eggy stars in one corner, im not going to play with the angle adjustment plate at the front of the

camera this time as I managed to throw the alignment way out and had to ask SX to sort it . 

post-111-0-15261500-1417966233_thumb.png

That really is remarkably deep for an hour and a quarter. Astonishingly so. It's also very nicely processed with the faint stuff clear and strong. This nebula seems to grow sowly out of the background on one side and you've captured this effect beautifully.

Olly

Archived