NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

xmas eyepieces

algol

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12mm and 5mm both nice eyepieces and the price is nice too! I've reached more for the 5mm and often skipped the 12mm in going from finder EP to high mag. However the 12mm is great on its own and Barlow much better than the 5mm.

There's a lot to be said for Qualia's comment to stick the money in the sock drawer and keep adding to it. However the temptation to get something is pretty hard to resist! You can save money and effort in saving up for the "end game" but maybe the final choices would not be as educated as making a few purchases along the way. And from the sounds of things on these forums the end game keeps changing!

Either or, you will probably own both oneday! Both can be Barlowed to good effect. I chose a WO 6mm to have one primary eyepiece, to match the telescopes focal ratio. If there was a 6mm BST it too would be in my collection. I first chose the 8mm BST as the first replacement of the SW 10mm. There isnt an EP that I dont use in the BST range! I've owned a 6mm TMB II but the fov was too narrow for my liking, the WO just feels right, although I still need to get out and give the 6mm WO a proper session. Clear skies here last two nights but too cold to venture out after almost ridding my flu like symptoms and annoying bronchial cough?

Either or, you will probably own both oneday! Both can be Barlowed to good effect. I chose a WO 6mm to have one primary eyepiece, to match the telescopes focal ratio. If there was a 6mm BST it too would be in my collection. I first chose the 8mm BST as the first replacement of the SW 10mm. There isnt an EP that I dont use in the BST range! I've owned a 6mm TMB II but the fov was too narrow for my liking, the WO just feels right, although I still need to get out and give the 6mm WO a proper session. Clear skies here last two nights but too cold to venture out after almost ridding my flu like symptoms and annoying bronchial cough?

I see Alan now does a 3.2mm. I have the 5mm and like it. Has anyone tried the 3.2mm? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-25-3-2mm-BST-Explorer-Dual-ED-eyepiece-Branded-Starguider-/161461651877

Ordered a baader 8-24mm zoom with 2.25x Barlow. The wife may not be impressed when she notices

congratulations, a nice X-mas present. If you let the wife have a look Jupiter with your different EPs, maybe she will give her approval :smiley:

Archived