Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC405, 410, 417 Aurigae 291114

Fay

This was taken at High Halden, Kent on saturday night, in thick fog!  The sky  was supposed to be clear, did not mention the fog!

it is a good dark sky area, but could just about see any stars when looking straight up.  I was amazed that the guiding was working.  There were a few of us, and it was funny to see all the scopes working, we have not got anything for so many weeks now, that we just kept going.

QSI 583ws, 5nm Astrodon ha filter, Leitz Telyt 180mm lens @ F4. 14x900

15744901128_8158d8a0d4_h.jpg

Greetings, Fay. Firstly that is the definitive way to frame this lot and everyone (including me) gets it wrong. I will mend my ways and add that prong of Ha heading down towards the cluster at the first opportunity. Superb composition.

And if that was a bad night then who knows what you could do on a good one.

Really great.

Olly

Loving this image Fay, it's such an evocative target. To me, definitely an insects head with two large compound eyes and a long proboscis heading down the image. As for fog, looks like that Astrodon will cut through anything!

Archived