NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

big prom today

Stardust

I managed a session this morning but there was thin cloud and not good seeing, I persevered and managed a Prom Quark shot through a TV85  followed by SM60DS with 2.5x powermate.

The camera was a QHY5II-Lm and 100/1000 frames. I feel they don't do justice to the visual view which is either my camera or lousy processing,

post-195-0-47778700-1415744970.jpg

post-195-0-02379000-1415744988.jpg

Had an unexpected bit of Sun so had a go at the prom to compare Quark Chromosphere to Quark prom', don't know if it's much help, different scope, location , conditions etc.

Quick process so probably more detail to be dragged out

Dave

100mm f/6 refractor, Quark chromospere, .5x f/r, PG Blackfly

post-21198-0-09841900-1415813482_thumb.j

was that an exposure for the surface or that a composite , I had to really over expose the surface to bring out the prom but that's a very low contrast image which I found tricky to pull out.

Any hints or tips are always welcomed to help me move forward with processing

Interesting image scale with the black fly, mine aren't cropped and on a shorter f/l, don't confess to understand all this camera malarky.

that's a nice even illumination, my camera tends to wash out on one side, don't know why that is. Looks to be better contrast on the disc than I can get with this one, just wondering how well it would do on exposing just for the prom.

How do you find the Blackfly? Are you using gig-e or standard ethernet and how long does it take for the 1500 frames. So many questions

Archived