Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AR 2192 is lurking......returns in the next 48hours

Solar_observer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0b19761b7818e7a4fe5a0f813912f250.jpgthis is an image taken earlier, it's shows the HUGE magnetic lines aroung the old AR 2192 ( it will be numbered differently when it becomes visible)

It is clearly still very active as the image shows, how big it is remains too be seen. The next 48 hours will be interesting :)

Tony

Fingers crossed! If I understand this image below from the Far-Side Seismic Solar Monitor, the big blob in the yellow (far side) is AR12192 heading towards the east limb in some style possibly.

Composite_Map.png

Movie of past half rotation here:

http://jsoc.stanford.edu/data/farside/movie.html

I don't know much about this stuff, anyone's interpretation would be great to hear!

dc76ae33e46ba736c5a8576ec845629f.jpgthis is an image of a certain wavelength taken this morning. If you look at the activity on the left, this is the approaching AR 2192.

As you can see the magnetic field lines are huge and intense and the surface brightness is large also, this tells me the MONSTER IS BACK :)

(Shoot me if I'm wrong) but I'm NOT going to say it's bigger but I'm going to guess its probably around the same size :)

Tony

Archived