Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HUGE SOLAR SPIKE ERUPTION NOW

Solar_observer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Higher solar activity to come? Attached image below courtesy of the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) captures an impulsive M4.3 solar flare off the southeast limb peaking at 13:03 UTC Thursday morning. Based on the constant surging off the limb, additional flaring will be possible as the active region begins to turn into Earth view. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very lucky to catch this briefly in very small clear patches, saw the beginning and was amazed to see the full extent in such a short time before the next view. Probably even more surprised that it disappeared so suddenly. The area still looks very active with several more mini spikes.   :smiley: 

I agree with u Peter about the speed it disappeared but also the speed it erupted. I saw 2 very thin proms extending out more or less the same distance. Went off to Wright my review and mins later my solar alert went off on my phone.

When I looked it was a solid mass of plasma (maybe matchstick thickness) but as it thinned out, many thin lines of plasma were visible and totally straight too. Stunning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived