Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m81

markenroj

If you draw an imaginery line between the star Dubhe and its opposite diagonal in the bowl of the Big Dipper or the Plough as we call it. Then extend the line out past Dubhe for about the same length as the distance between these two stars you should be the right area. Your scope should be fine to see these, make sure you start looking with a low power eyepiece first.

Regards

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

hi there will i be able to see m81 and m82 through my scope are they easy to find(i know roughly where to look) what eps are recommend cheers.

Roger :rolleyes:

Hi Roger,

You should be able to see M81 and M82 reasonably easily with your scope. Use your lowest powered eyepiece and with any luck they should be both in the same field of view. Kevin's (Beyondvision) instructions are the way I find them. Try and pick a night with no moon and minimal light pollution - at least these 2 are well above the horizon at the moment.

Good luck :)

John

Yeah the Pluf is almost above you're noggin at about this time, should look like this very poor photo. You can certainly see them with an 8 inch reflector in quite light polluted skies, 'cos i can.

4709_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Yeah the Pluf is almost above your noggin at about this time, should look like this very poor photo. You can certainly see them with an 8 inch reflector in quite light polluted skies, 'cos i can.

4709_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived