NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ISS ACROSS THE SKY

IVAN TAPIA

ITS AMAZING TO BE ABLE TO SPOT THE INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION ORBITING ABOVE YOUR HOME EVERY DAY, AND TO KNOW THAT ITS BEEN DOING THAT SINCE 1998, I WAS ABLE TO FOLLOW IT WITH MY 12" DOB TODAY THAT I HAD A SIX MINUTE WINDOW AND SAW THE H SHAPED FIGURE REFLECTING A LOT OF SUNLIGHT, THE STUFF OF DREAMS FOR US AND AWESOME REALITY FOR THE SIX ASTRONAUTS LOOKING DOWN TO EARTH[emoji94] [emoji573] [emoji3]

It's weird in a way, but I'm not a great fan of ISS in so much as I really think we (that is, "they"!) could have done something more adventurous. Then again Apollo was one tough cookie to beat!

Having said that, I love watching ISS pass overhead. Not sure why.

It must be something more than just the visual spectacle that if offers?

Whatever it's attraction I'm looking forward to a season of evening apparitions for us UK residents.

Hope the weather bucks up!

It's weird in a way, but I'm not a great fan of ISS in so much as I really think we (that is, "they"!) could have done something more adventurous. Then again Apollo was one tough cookie to beat!

Having said that, I love watching ISS pass overhead. Not sure why.

It must be something more than just the visual spectacle that if offers?

Whatever it's attraction I'm looking forward to a season of evening apparitions for us UK residents.

Hope the weather bucks up!

I think for most people, the spectacle of it is knowing that up there inside that small white dot in the night sky that there are people travelling at about 17,000 KPH.

I think for most people, the spectacle of it is knowing that up there inside that small white dot in the night sky that there are people travelling at about 17,000 KPH.

Until the last round of evening passes over the UK I never really bothered, if I saw it Ok, if I didn't , so what? Now I am really looking forward to a regular look, clouds permitting. 

Not sure what changed my attitude, maybe something like you mentioned Paul.

I got my 6 minutes this evening as it tracked across the sky in South Wales (Brecon), at 19:23hrs today 11/10/2014 splendid views through my Bino's I was hoping to have a evening doing some visual observing but as I was watching the ISS the mist was rolling up the valley and put an end to that. :smiley::embarrassed:

Had a good view of it here. Purely by coincidence I was out briefly fiddling with the Tak and saw it coming over. Managed to track it at x59 for quite a while, very clear H pattern visible, albeit at an angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those humans have earned the respect of all of the world by showing us the path to a successful anything, that you have to keep trying and better yourself even if you know that you might not succeed, but if you do not even the sky is the limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived