Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

date for the diary Jupiter/GRS/Jovian Moons

bomberbaz

Never say getting the good stuff is easy, so on the 5th Oct at between 3.30am and 5.30 am there will be all 4 Jovian moons in a line, Io to left, the others on the right plus the GRS all on display.

Times are not for sure as differing sources are giving varying info but if we have good skies this is going to be worth having an early morning for.

Different times may reflect the difference between the time it actually happens and the time the light gets here.  Either way it makes no difference, as I shall be expecting cloud :D

James

Hahaha you pessimistic so n so James. Personally I am really hoping this Comes off as I intend having a bash imaging this with my astrocam, would look mint.

Never say getting the good stuff is easy, so on the 5th Oct at between 3.30am and 5.30 am there will be all 4 Jovian moons in a line, Io to left, the others on the right plus the GRS all on display.

Times are not for sure as differing sources are giving varying info but if we have good skies this is going to be worth having an early morning for.

Can I suggest that you put this in the upcoming calendar events section of SGL ?

well I got part of what I wanted and that was the line up, lovely and clear. However it kept clouding over and I simply didnt hit lucky with the GRS. Made a few misrtakes in trying thta won't happen again but did manage a fantasticly clear view of Orion Nebula so all in all it was a successful hour, just wish I had got the GRS but such is life.  :rolleyes:

Steve

Archived