Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Computer help ???

Skipper Billy

Last night I plugged in my powered 7 way adapter to the USB3 port on my laptop and got - nothing.

In Device Manager there is a yellow triangle by the USB connection.

Tried to re-install drivers - nothing

Uninstalled the USB ports and rebooted - Windows 7 noticed the 'new hardware' and installed everything is things necessary - still got a yellow triangle.

Installed the Asus USB host controller software - same problem.

Rolled back to a previous system restore - same problem.

Flattened the drive and reinstalled windows - same problem.

Looks like a hardware issue.

Anyone know of anyone that might be able to fix it ???

Lost a nights imaging and everything I have done in the last month - absolutely gutted - too upset to summon the energy to throw it through the nearest window !!!!

Its an Asus K53S with a 500gb SSD and 8 meg Ram running Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Greetings

Try this:- reset the BIOS to default at boot up then disable the usb options at the same time, after windows restarts uninstall the USB controller if it is still listed in device manager  and reboot again, go into  he BIOS and re enable the usb options, let it detect hardware, this forces the bios system to check it's self for available resources ,

let me know if this helped

Andy

Does it work in a different computer?

A cut down cotton bud with alcohol on it is good for cleaning the contacts but if it's really badly soiled or its corroded you will have to scrape away at it a bit with something small and sharp like a pin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you get the yellow triangles again, unplug the periferal from USB port and then right click on the line containing the triangle, then select uninstall. Now plug the periferal back into the same USB port. Drivers etc should be reinstalled correctly.   

Archived