NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 1396, DSLR, Ha in Full glow of the Moon

lensman57

Hi,

Taken a couple of nights ago while waiting for IC 1805 to rise up which didn't happen due to clouds turning up. I used my modded Canon 1100d with an Astronomik 12nM Ha filter. I think that it sort of worked as I forgot to take Flats. I also didn't realise how difficult it was to focus a DSLR with an Ha filter in place, Neb3 only showed noise and APT just about managed to get Deneb to show up for focusing. I also had to give the data one hell of a stretch to get the details to show up as the stack was quite flat, Moon perhaps? 

11 X 900s with 12nM Ha filter, Darks and Bias but no Flats. Stacked in PI using SuperPixel Debayer and processed in PI and PS.

Hope you like it.

A.G

post-28808-0-10301400-1410241914_thumb.p

Grateful to all for your kind comments, TBH I had a leap of faith with that image as the only discernible feature during the capture was the super giant Mu Cephei so I just used that for framing , infact the HEQ5 GoTo had placed it in a near perfect place so I just pressed the Capture button in NEB3. I am just glad that I could use APT for focusing. I am not quite sure why NEB3 does such a terrible job of focusing with the Canon Live view as it is really great with a CCD.

Regards,

A.G

Archived