Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing Sessions - Sept. 20, & 27, 2014

L8-Nite

Our next South Wales Group Observing Meet will be on Saturday Sept. 20, 2014 at the Blaenavon Site.

If the weather is bad, we will try for the following Saturday which is Sept. 27 th.  Hopefully, we will be able to get together for both, to start the season off right. 

For those who have not attended before, the coordinates are.......

+ 51*  47'  25.57"  ,  - 3*  4'  10.74"

Check this thread in the afternoon, on the day, to see if the Observing Session is either a GO or a NO-GO, which will be based on the latest weather predictions for the night. 

Edit: Clear skies to us all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to make either of those Mike :sad:

Having my defibulator fitted on the 16th so will be off the road for either a month or six months depending what the Dr says this time.

So its in the garden for me by the look of it again :((((((((

Pat

I'm afraid the 20th may also be out for me too after all. Id forgotten the minor detail of it being my daughters 6th birthday! Oops!

27th is still work in progress... Plans have already been made for me that night which I'm currently trying to negotiate myself out of! If she'll let me....

James

• 2 weeks later...

We are one week away form our first observing meet of the new season. The dark nights are returning, and hopefully good weather will follow as well. It will be nice to catch up with some fellow observers again, and also meet a few new ones.

Think Clear Skies Everyone !  

I'll probably be away this weekend so I'd say theres a fair chance I can't make it - 27th is a 50/50 aswel - sorry can't comit any more at this stage but theres a long winter stretching out before us- have a good one folks if I don't see you this time around

Check this thread at about  3:00 pm  tomorrow.  

Based on the latest information, I'll post if the observing meet is a " GO or a NO-GO "

For those who haven't attended before, the Blaenavon Site is located next to the radio towers north east of town,

just off of the  B4246  (Abergavenny) road.  

The coordinates are.......  + 51*  47'  25.74"  ,  - 3*  4'  10.74"

Think good thoughts & clear skies for us all. 

Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it tonight guys. I have had serious issues with a long standing spinal injury and over the last three weeks and it's been very uncomfortable standing or walking. I was hoping it would have eased by now.

I would really have liked to get there even if it's just to catch up with anything new. But as it is now, and I slip on the unevenness of the Blaenavon site, I will certainly be  out of action for the Pencelli Castle event. That would be disastrous for me.  

I hope to catch up on the next one. Have a good session guys.

Archived