Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Looking for some advice regards a new mount

alan potts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shane,

No I want an EQ mount better for the odd snap shot or you never know I may get the AP bug, bearing in mind the name.

Scott,

The AZ EQ 6 looks nice and is not over expensive BUT so does the CEM 60, 300,000 things on the hand set, now just need to live to be 500 years old now. I thought 147,000 on the Meade handset was alot.

Progress for you.

Alan 

Same dilemma here, I will be replacing my mount next year I have narrowed it down to an eq8 cem60 or save a bit and go for an azeq6 I'm just waiting for a few more reviews and some of the bugs being worked out

Darren

@SalAstroSoc & @astronut1639

www.salfordastro.org.uk

The AZ EQ 6 looks nice and is not over expensive BUT so does the CEM 60, 300,000 things on the hand set, now just need to live to be 500 years old now. I thought 147,000 on the Meade handset was alot.

Alan 

And they're a lot easier to enter and find on the Meade.

Dave

The Meade handset is in my opinion much better than the SW ones but maybe it was because I had that first.

I have just been made an offer that is going to be difficult to say no to on the AZ EQ 6 a good saving on new on a brand new one, the only other thing is I was thinking strongly of buying a 130mm APO from TS and 1500 euros difference between the two mounts we are talking now. This goes a long way to buying the faster and better quality 130mm on the TS site than the one I had in mind, one is 2199 Euro and the other is 3499. I will never know why they price this way 2200 and 3500 would not put me off nore does it fool me.

Still like the looks of the CEM 60 though (2900 euros), I mean 300,000 objects ( even though most will be stars), it goes to 11.

I am really grateful to all that have advised me.

Alan.

I have to say the CEM 60 looks and by all accounts is a very nice mount and on another day I may have gone that way. I was however offered a AZ EQ6 that is new at well under normal price so it was difficult to say no. There was also a Gemini Losmandy albeit an older one locally for a good price as well, so in the end I was spoilt for choice. I think my friend is taking the Losmandy and I am having his AZ which is new.

Alan.

• 2 months later...

Archived