NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

just found out how much LP I amsuffering from, and its bad

oldpink

had a great day doing solar and got my setup fine tuned regrading tracking

tonight I have had fabulous clear skies or I thought I had up till 10 minutes ago

for some reason the streetlight outside my house went off in the middle of a run of 60 sec subs on NGC 6997
all of a sudden I see the first picture appear and look out to see the streetlight out
then it comes back on slowly and eventually back to full brightness in the space of 3 minutes

this is LP at its worst even with an Astonomik CLS clip filter in place

post-34443-0-27060300-1409097142_thumb.p

post-34443-0-58174200-1409097164_thumb.p

post-34443-0-36346700-1409097183_thumb.p

..........street lights are a pain in the donkey? I have 3 visible, and  I only need to travel a mile down the back lane, to avoid direct visual lighting, but the glow is still apparent. Had some family staying with me,( left today) and we  went out to this spot last night, and you would have thought they had never seen Stars before, especially, as they only view from the cities? The Milky Way was glorious, several satellites, although the disbelief of that fact ? and they missed one shooting star right over Polaris.  At least my nights up here are actually getting longer and darker again, and although I can just make out the milky way overhead, less light would be more beneficial.

Look on the bright side, at least the image is aligned with your user name. ;)   (sorry couldn't resist).

Heart felt sympathies, I'm getting back to falling over the car if I forget exactly where I parked it.

lol nice --- but not nice it looks the same as my lp but i gave up on lp fliters and use the baader uhc l booster and it works way better.

here is an example.

post-12098-0-94076900-1409175134_thumb.j

lol nice --- but not nice it looks the same as my lp but i gave up on lp fliters and use the baader uhc l booster and it works way better.

here is an example.

attachicon.giflp filter dif.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures.

Was wondering if there was a great difference between the Skywatcher (which I use at present) and the Baader filter.

Am about to take the steps to getting long subs, so it appears that will be needing a filter upgrade too so as to make the most of it and reduce the LP from here.

here is an example.

But the UHC exposure is way longer - they do cut out an awful lot of light. Would be interesting to see which gave the better signal-to-noise ratio in the same total exposure time.

NigelM

Archived