Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wish me luck and clear skies

Well, I just got my first ever scope last Saturday and managed to set it all up in the spare room in daylight (no bits left over). Practised all the setting up, alignment, balancing etc. and ready to go. But, at the moment the weather here in NE Thailand is not cooperating  (grey skies and lots of rain) but we are getting towards the end of the rainy season.

Hopefully then, the skies will clear and I will boldly go where I have never gone before. At least, when the skies do clear, we tend to get long periods of settled and dry conditions together with 12-13 hour long, warm, clear nights.

So, wish me luck on my new venture and thanks to everybody on SGL for all the help I have already received from reading the multitude of topics available to us beginners. I'm just worried that I'll be spending more time on SGL rather than scanning the skies!!

At the moment I'm just concentrating on the visual aspect of the hobby and will be starting off with the moon, planets and larger DSOs, and then - who knows!!

Here's what I got when I emptied my moneybox.

post-38013-0-20641900-1407470984_thumb.j

Brian

Archived