NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Recent Saturn - Reprocessed after Image Processing Workshop.

jcm

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - that's one heck of an image - the workshop must have been very worthwhile. What's the secret?

Take the manual route through Registax and "fiddle" also when at the wavelets stage - click on the buttons on the right (below preview) to see which slider highlights the planetary details - adjust that slider.

John

When I have tried out the new "ideas" I have picked up today I will post a list of Registax settings, suitable for beginners , that seem to work with my images. One problem though is that planetary images taken with say a 100mm refractor or C11 or C14 :shock: seem to need different wavelet settings so what I post may not work for everyone.

John

That is a massive improvement on an already good image Jon.

JV :D

Thanks , JV. I did not know until today that you can use the top wavelets filter to "trap" the noise you just increase the value ( set at 0.1) in the centre box and watch the noise drop away from the image. Forgot to do it on the one above before I posted it :lol:

As soon I get chance to "test" everything I will post a list of tips.

John

Fantastic result John. I've always used the auto setting but only recently found this was including a histogram stretch which over brightens the image. Doing the stack and optimize seperately enables you to uncheck that option. I've only ever used the default wavelet setting. That gaussian looks interesting.

I for one would really appreciate a run through of the things you've picked up. That new image is top class. You must be really pleased.

That's a superb improvement :D I'm really interested to see what Registax settings are used.

Tony

I will post an info sheet showing how I processed the first image above. Busy week coming up - Grantham Monday , away Thursday and Friday so it probably will be sometime next weekend.

John

The difference is night and day John, so that workshop certainly wasn't a waste of your time mate.

Good stuff indeed.

Ron. :D

It certainly was useful , Ron. I am trying to jot down on paper as much as I can remember.

John

Scope hunt is progressing nicely. Order placed, waiting for delivery date.

If Rog can be coy about what he is buying, then I think I will be too. Be funny if we were both buying the same.

Mike

I think I can make a good guess but will not post it here. :D

John

Having just read wallis 23's thread re photos v scope views I was reminded of these Saturn images I had seen earlier.

The reprocessed image certainly appears that much more detailed and sharper but unless I've smoked some wacky baccy (by mistake of course :lol:) whilst at the eyepiece I can't say that I've seen a blue Saturn. The 'yellow' image seems more 'life like' and has a lot to recommend it especially if the saturation is reduced and luminescence turned up a bit. The result is pretty close to an eyepiece view although to be honest I haven't seen even that much detail through a scope.

Cheers

CW

I've just thought,perhaps this post should have been made under the 'photos/scope' thread. :D

(click as usual)

Archived