Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sun - 3rd Aug 2014

David Smith

Well so much for the BBC weather app's "sunny" icon. Turns out mostly cloudy with occasional gaps and horrible seeing to boot. Hopefully it will improve later and I will get another go. Had high hopes of doing a run or two with the PST today as well. That will teach me to sleep through my alarm but was out till nearly 3 am looking for comet Jacques.

14836631563_5c814f6841_o.jpg20140803 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

Looks pretty good to me , considering the conditions ... :smiley:

No point trying to catch some sleep at that time , you'd have been better doing a spot of gardening , cutting the grass or washing the car for a couple of hours ...  :p

I shan't rub it in by telling you that the sky was absolutely beautifully clear and blue with very steady seeing at seven 'o' clock  ........ oh sorry , I just did ...  :grin:

Hope you catch some good stuff later ...  :laugh:

Looks good to my eyes, David :smiley:

I was tempted to observe last night but gave it a skip as I wanted to be up early for Sol, with things looking pretty lively on the disc. Just as well, I had a long session fiddling about and a nice bit of observing too. Shattered!

Thanks guys.

@Steve - thanks for that :p

@Jarrod - Yes I did find the comet, was only in 10x50 bins but it is quite obvious against what was still quite a dark sky at just after 2 am BST.

@ Luke - was a toss up for me last night but I have not done many night obs lately and I was not sleepy so decided to get out and make the most of the starry sky.

I bet you had some fab views last night? I had a look at astro darkness on FLO's fancy weather site, but was feeling a bit tired :embarrassed: Well done fitting in both and good luck for later with the PST, I am not sure who ordered all this patchy cloud?!!

@ Luke - was a toss up for me last night but I have not done many night obs lately and I was not sleepy so decided to get out and make the most of the starry sky.

Archived