Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Small laptop for imaging - advise please

reddoss

I am putting together a dual imaging rig and will be needing a new laptop just to run Nebulosity 3 for the second imaging camera (all three USB ports are being used on the current laptop).

I am looking for a small light weight model (10 inch (or smaller) screen) that has a long battery life (several hours), Windows 7 and that is not 'touch sensitive'.

I have been in to PC world and a few other places to find one, unfortunately all the new models have touch sensitive screens (probably not much good out in the field with dew etc) and Windows 8.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can recommend a good secondhand UK dealership which may have a suitable model.

Cheers,

Justyn

Would using a usb hub on your current setup address what you need?

Thanks for the advice and web links guys. I have decided to go for another laptop rather than a USB hub. If one of the laptops packs up during an imaging session out in the sticks, at least I will still be able to image with one camera. 

I am getting a refurbished Samsung  netbook with a 10' screen from The Laptop Center - £149. Although they don't have much processing power, it will suit me as it has a very long battery life and will only be used to run the image capture software.

Cheers once again. 

Archived