Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strike day sun day 10/7/14

Moonshane

No option but to take the day off today due to my union membership (please don't make further comment about this) so took the opportunity to do some solar sketching as it was unusually sunny by coincidence!

Really nice detail coming through in the moments of good seeing.

Even managed some close-ups, these are larger than the eyepiece image of course. I have not seen any images from today but hope these are close enough.

post-5119-0-49673100-1405001248_thumb.jp

post-5119-0-78924900-1405001291_thumb.jp

post-5119-0-52691700-1405001330_thumb.jp

Excellent pictures Shane :laugh: I finally got a break from the clouds this evening and what brilliant clear skies I have here now :smiley:

Both Ha and white light are looking brilliant, I have also just been zooming in on the spots and they really are spectacular, hopefully it will stay clear so we can see the spots crossing the limb and see some great proms.

There is a lovely strong looking prom in the 2 O'clock position at the moment.

Lovely sight all round :grin:

sketching the sun is always great fun - I'd recommend it to anyone. I am a rubbish artist really, but astro sketching seems to suit me in a way - putting spots and smudges on paper is just within my reach! 

ps Stu

I have been admiring your stuff recently - excellent detail from the wedge.

sketching the sun is always great fun - I'd recommend it to anyone. I am a rubbish artist really, but astro sketching seems to suit me in a way - putting spots and smudges on paper is just within my reach!

ps Stu

I have been admiring your stuff recently - excellent detail from the wedge.

Cheers Shane, I've been enjoying doing them. I must try some higher mags in the 106 in the morning when the seeing is at its best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi Jules, no this was with the 6" f11. I am yet to buy a solar filter for the Vixen.

Based on a couple of uses I reckon the Vixen will be solar only. I get better images of everything with the 6" f11 and it's a lot more comfy to use and quick to set up. 

Archived