Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thank you weather person

nightfisher

Yes, thank you weather predicting person,

With your hi tech resources (dried out strip of Kelp) you gave me hope, you were telling me it would be clear, not a cloud in the sky, i trusted you and declined a social function (a walk to the pub)

As dusk fell it was looking good, then as it started to get dark, the cloud appeared, then more cloud then rain. This is one job where a person gets paid a good wage and gets the job wrong most of the time

Jules, the forecasts have been even more useless than normal our way for the past few weeks. Maybe the kelp changer is on holiday? Mind you, sounds like it saved you some cash that can go in the astro piggy bank :grin:

This is one job where a person gets paid a good wage and gets the job wrong most of the time

Them and bankers! I had a glimmer of hope last night since it was clear just after sunrise but alas the weather man was right here and clouds decended soon after :(

Yes, thank you weather predicting person,

With your hi tech resources (dried out strip of Kelp) you gave me hope, you were telling me it would be clear, not a cloud in the sky, i trusted you and declined a social function (a walk to the pub)

As dusk fell it was looking good, then as it started to get dark, the cloud appeared, then more cloud then rain. This is one job where a person gets paid a good wage and gets the job wrong most of the time

I did the opposite and went to the pub (thinking the forecast would be wrong). Hardly a cloud in the sky! :mad:

The forecast for my area was showing not a cloud in the sky.  As in, the current observation said "not a cloud in the sky".  I wonder if the people providing these observations ever bother to look out of the window?

In defence of the weather folk..

This low pressure system is complex and has developed over time. The clouds are mixed up with Cirrus behind a cold front..We have a cirrostratus veil today again in what should be a NW polar maritime airstream..

Very hard to forecast at the moment. Which makes our weather in the UK so special.

Mark

I was equally frustrated last night, being right on the border of a cloudy area and with the skies clear to the north and west. I gave up at midnight when it became obvious things were not going to improve.

ChrisH

I've noticed on the BBC weather website that they change the forecast regularly as the time gets closer and often still get it wrong when its only a few hours away.

I'm not sure why we put so many resources/faith into this "science".

Lovely and clear here last night. Setup about 10pm - it was still light, but when the darkness came it was a pleasure to be outside on a balmy night. Of course today it's wall to wall cloud with rain predicted. Got to grab it when you can and thank God it's starting to get darker earlier.   :smiley:

I expect the person was using Pacific Kelp which works for the West coast of the USA, Canada and South America, but is invariably incorrect for Atlantic weather?

They just need to buy the more expensive Atlantic Kelp.

That would be the Eastern Atlantic Kelp not the Western Atlantic Kelp.

It is an easy mistake to make.

Archived