NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Blue Sun from 25th May, 2014

Luke

A few shots from about ten days ago. I really hope we get some nice clear mornings again soon! I missed most of the fun at the weekend with the huuuge prom :rolleyes: (it was sunny, but I was away for the weekend and solar scopeless)

14120694998_60abb03fe5_c.jpg

14313706206_0181ff5fb1_o.jpg

14150245008_5a096522be_o.jpg

---

25th May, 2014

SolarMax 60 SS, Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) video camera

Lovely images and I love the effect on the first one. It's almost electric looking.

Also on the close ups the region on the right looks kind of like a guy riding a Segway. :D

Thanks, all! :)

Jarrod, ah, how did I miss the Segway! :D

Alexandra, please let me know when you want to do another prom animation, and Sarah and I will see if we can be away for that day :D

Michael, the prom has been truly amazing. I checked Gong this morning before setting off for work, and it was still there!! So I carted the solar gear to work again for solar lunch break, and I got another lucky gap :) Just a short while, but enough for a brief eyepiece view (wowsers, still there!!) and image capture. I think this is where a regular h-alpha scope has a nice advantage over the Quark - quick to get going with for the days with small gaps (though the Quark looks to have other advantages - hope mine turns up soon, it's due to arrive this month...).

Pete, why blue? I am not sure what happened, it started out yellow  :shocked: I tried a few other colours and preferred a blue version, which was a shame as I wanted a warmer colour this time. Maybe I quit the yellow too soon?

Super images Luke and in blue the detail really stands out. I should just sneak your solar scope in to the car, by the time you get to the hotel it will be too late. That's what I do anyway, I get grief for a while but it soon passes.

Just bought a 80mm achromat at 400mm fl, hopefully this will be an ideal scope for a Quark, Wedge (white light) and possibly my Lunt 60 front mounted Etalon and bf1200 for my hols in Spain in July?

Of coarse a CaK module would be nice ( sorry didn't mean to mention the C?? word, again), but it would wouldn't?

Robin

Thanks, all! :)

Jarrod, ah, how did I miss the Segway! :D

Pete, why blue? I am not sure what happened, it started out yellow  :shocked: I tried a few other colours and preferred a blue version, which was a shame as I wanted a warmer colour this time. Maybe I quit the yellow too soon?

and i was expecting a processing secret to be revealed :grin: looks good though! i have all but given up trying to get a colour i am happy with, it either looks too yellow or too orange

Lovely disc! :)  The rest of the images aren't loading though?

Thanks, Brian!

Yikes, I replaced the images on Flickr and that has killed the links for the other two. They are:

14150245008_f35965516f_b.jpg

14313706206_be910e7c34_o.jpg

Pete, I'm finding yellow/orange really tough. I think my plan is to play around more with closeups with yellow/orange, as full disc seems even harder for those colours? Also, it sometimes feels like the colour is nearly there, then the next day you see it, it still doesn't look right :grin: I will keep at it though, I find adding the colour great fun and it's all part of the learning process :laugh:

Thanks, Robin. I was at Legoland most of the day on Saturday, as it was my son's birthday and we were out for a treat. Mini Land was amazing! My brother-in-law was eating mini donuts by a mini Eiffel Tower, and we had good fun teasing him that now would be a good time for him to propose to his other half :grin:

Congrats on the 80mm! All you need now is a CaK module for your hols :grin: Do you think the module would fit fine to your 80mm? I hear there can be a problem fitting them to some scopes/focusers?

Super images Luke and in blue the detail really stands out. I should just sneak your solar scope in to the car, by the time you get to the hotel it will be too late. That's what I do anyway, I get grief for a while but it soon passes.

Just bought a 80mm achromat at 400mm fl, hopefully this will be an ideal scope for a Quark, Wedge (white light) and possibly my Lunt 60 front mounted Etalon and bf1200 for my hols in Spain in July?

Of coarse a CaK module would be nice ( sorry didn't mean to mention the C?? word, again), but it would wouldn't?

Robin

Archived