NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi all:

I did some tweaking on an older avi from May 2013.  So far I believe it is one of my better efforts, though not much luck this year so far.  It was about 4000 via Pipp and Registax 5 and PS elements 10...using DBK21 and 9.25 sct.

Somehow my processing always seems to be heavy handed....

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Roger

post-2315-0-14527900-1401677819.jpg

Well you've got every thing there; the Cassini Division, the banding in the clouds and the Northern polar storm. So it looks good to me.

It has taken me a while to be more subtle with my processing. I have learnt through other members on this forum that a lot of minor tweaks are better than one single big adjustment.

Thank you all for yourencouraging input! 

Lately I have been experimenting more.  I use Sharpcap, Firecapture and IC Capture and try one  or another to get what I think is best capture results.  Usually I use YUY2 and RBG 24, but sometimes will use Y800 and Y800 in IC Capture.

Still trying to sort out 'binning'..In Registax 5 for me it seems the 'magic' starts when 50 frames are stacked to create the reference frame.  My understanding is that this reference frame is the basis for the enhancing of the signal to noise ratio for all other frames to be stacked(?)  Is it possible that this reference frame could be 'overtweaked' somewhat in wavelets and thereby somehow throwing off better stacking of all the other frames?

Cheers and Clear Skies

Roger

I would have a look at stacking using AS!2 - it's really quick and, I think, gives better results. You then tweak the image in Registax (6) using wavelets, RGB align etc. In AS!2 you can select a reference frame from a graph showing the quality of images obtained.

Peter

Peter gave him a great suggestion! 

I only use AS! 2 for alignment and stacking, leaving only Registax 6 for retouching with the wavelet filters. 

After these two programs is important to use some other program to the finishing touches such as Photo Shop, Photfiltre or Irfan.

Archived