NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar Weekend ?

Pig

The weather forecast is looking good in Northants for the weekend :smiley:

I am going to buy a couple of nice expensive bottles of plonk, a nice ripe water melon and marinate in the wine  :grin: Thus the risk of dehydration is now removed. ( you must be safety conscious when solar viewing)

All my kit is primed and ready for action, including my new 2.5mm super power faculae/eyelash/crotchet killer.

(see the example in the link in my signature for crotchets)

Both scopes are perfectly aligned and the mount balanced.

Just me, the scopes, my eyepieces, my guitar, my wine-melon and of course the balaclava :grin:  All that is left is to inform the neighbours that it will me in the garden and not an intruder.

Hope you all have a sunny weekend - Enjoy :cool:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately Steve I am about to leave for work,  I finish at 1 O'clock so hopefully I will get to see some Solar action later today :smiley:  

I don't want the sun to come out here,for a least a couple of months. I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms,not having a solar scope.

Don't know if I strctly agree buti feel your pain [emoji16]

Had solar scope on order for a couple of months now and still waiting on suppliers!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Guilty as charged

Although I was able to work out that considering the purchase cost, plus shipping, and all relevant tax charges it still worked out significantly cheaper that buying from the UK.

I do work for a US based company and had planned to travel to the US for meetings during that initial planned delivery time which is the main contributing factor for me ordering from the states, however that delivery date came and went so now I'm back in the UK waiting for it instead of me being able to carry it back, hay ho.

Have a great day Shaun and enjoy it while you can and while it lasts.

It is important to stay hydrated during long solar sessions.......

It is looking sunny at mine first thing on Sat morning, but cloud coming in after that.  I am hopeful of an early morning session.

Robin

Surely a bottle of Sol is okay?  That is just like liquid sunshine.

16430.jpg

Just to make sure I have plenty of fluid on-board for an early morning solar session I am off for a curry and beer (or two) tonight.

Robin

Archived