Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar Weekend ?

Pig

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, got up early and had a look out, total grey so went back to bed. The sun is shining but there is huge amounts of haze and we are just on the border of the cloud and clear blue bit. If I look south it is a mass of cloud, if I look north then it is crystal clear. Overhead is a mixture.

Looking at Sat24 it is going to do this all day, so no rush for me.

Robin

Glorious here, those proms are some of the best I have ever seen.

Lovely morning.

Highly recommend the Sol, if the mods will forgive me, I work for the brewery...;-)

(others beers are available, just not as apt....;-)))

Enjoy, those that can...

K

As I look at the the Sun there is a little bright eruption, just above 3 o'clock, sharp and pointed, that has been growing and shrinking as I have been observing. You can see the bright active region it's erupting from just on the limb.

Below it, from about 3 to about 4.30, there are a series of proms. The first is a short low hedge type that doesn't seem connected to the rest. Then below, a much larger, blocky/ hedge type, much larger...

There is a faint wisp connecting it to a prom that I can only describe as a 'M'.

That in turn connects down to a further faint prom that is huge an wispy, that seems to loop down again below.

All of the last three making another gigantic 'M'

At just past 5 and around to the 7 position there are a couple of very faint little proms, with the one at 7 looking disconnected.

Moving round to between 9 and 10 and there is a little bubbling activity going on?

A series of wispy fine filaments on the surface and a bright series of active regions across the disk.

Lovely! As always...

Beer time...

Kieran

Those proms on the Western limb, as I look at it, are now expanding out and forming arches. Either side of due West. The upper one is larger than the lower.

The eastern limb is looking less 'M' like now, in every way...

Love how with Solar, there is always a full days entertainment, always something to see....

That most northern of proms on the Eastern limb has just erupted into a very bright and fine jet extending far from the surface and curves round to the north as it faintly comes to an end.

Spell binding...

Just gone 15.25 CEST here and there is a real brightening spot on the disk. Looking at the Sun properly, as opposed to how I see it in my scope it would be just below three o'clock on the Eastern side towards the limb? Somewhere around AR 2073.

Clouded over now since I started posting, so oh well. Back to the cricket...

Archived