Hi everyone , newbie from East Yorkshire

cybadaz

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again for the replies -

I decided on the 150p coz I wanted a point n shoot scope to learn the skies better and despite its size I can whip it in the car to get into the countryside , altho not ideal for image capturing I know, I can change the mount -

I'm gonna be browsing the lounge for solar viewing tips n tricks next along with thoughts on apps

Clear skies

Hellooo , 

Great forum and look forward to learning lots from you all :D

A bit about me ...

Im Darren  from east yorks , UK . I am quite new to astronomy although i did have a very cheap build your own plastic scope as a kid - it made me think

those impressive light cannons were expensive !

But  just this week i discovered how affordable getting a Scope really is and bought one with the intentions of combining a few of my hobbies into together .

Ive had a go at butchering a webcam already  so i can capture some images as i go and ive got a nice big flask for those chilly nights :)

With the British weather what it is , ive not had a chance to see anything more than an early evening moon , but i already love the anticipation of next time :)

cheers Darren

Welcome, it seems were in very much the same situation ive only really had some lunar viewing so far , did you get the xbox webcam as suggested here? im waiting on one of those to butcher. not sure of weather in Hull but according to the met office tues night/wed morning should be clear viewing where I am but hey this is the UK and very subject to change lol

Welcome, it seems were in very much the same situation ive only really had some lunar viewing so far , did you get the xbox webcam as suggested here? im waiting on one of those to butcher. not sure of weather in Hull but according to the met office tues night/wed morning should be clear viewing where I am but hey this is the UK and very subject to change lol

HI , i had a microsoft Lifecam lying around  so i got stuck into that -   . I used to have the old xbox live vision cam , is that the one suggested ? im sure i could pick one back up for under a fiver 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived