SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venturing out tonight ?

knobby

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did take a few others as well....Dumbell Nebula (though not got any filters), and some good ones of Andromeda...though don't have the processing capabilities to pull that much detail out of them. 

med_gallery_27945_3180_1014089.jpg

med_gallery_27945_3180_3096943.jpg

med_gallery_27945_3180_9258810.jpg

Have not cropped any of them...got the originals if you want to have a go at them? to be honest they are all single shots. I need to read up about taking multiple and stacking in DSS....must dig out the old making every photon count!

Nice work there Steve! I've been a little occupied lately so only just saw these.

It's a shame Saturday didn't work out, after seeing your images I really want to head out again!

Hoping it clears up this week but it's not looking great on scope nights :/

Thanks Daniel. yes they came out alright. So it looks like I have sorted the EOS M out now for use with the scope. Will see what we can do with it. need to understand a lot more around number of shots and darks etc, but will have a look into it. think I also need to concentrate on one target instead of wandering around snapping away 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

If anyones up for a bit of trail blazing, this Saturday or Sunday night I might be popping over here http://goo.gl/0AIOjO with bins to see if its as dark as the dark sky apps / web sites say it is.

to the east of the pin is a large concrete area, enough for 4 or 5 cars plus scopes.

I've contacted the landowner and they are fine about access so long as we leave it clean and tidy.

attachicon.gifIMAG2082.jpg

attachicon.gifPC_20140522_140528_pano_PerfectlyClear0001.jpg

attachicon.gifPC_20140522_140738_pano_PerfectlyClear0001.jpg

Have a look here

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to arrange to meet you guys up there one clear Saturday night, don't finish work till 10pm and start at 7am :-(

I agree....though  I will be completely dead tomorrow...and I will be at my desk early on as well. oh well we have to take a clearish sky when we can! looks as though we have another new chap turning up later on as well. 

Yer...I got there at 10:35...majpr road issues getting there, and getting back. Dan did not make it either...was a terrible evening in the end. I did joke to Dan that I never knew Astronomy could give you high blood pressure...! now its scup of tea, then bed....

Archived