Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars at Opposition 08.04.2014

catman161

Mars at Opposition 8th April 2014. Imaged with: 200P, Belt driven NEQ6 Pro, 4x Televue Powermate and an ASI120MC. Captured in Sharpcap 2, stacked in AS!2, wavelets in registax then unsharp mask in PSCS2.

Not a great night for it with bad seeing but I thought I would at least have a go. It's a slight improvement on last attempt but still not where I would like it to be. I cannot remember the last tme I got an image on screen and thought "wow the seeing is great!" 

I took 8 runs in total. I will look through the rest and see if anything is usable and add to this thread. 

Comments/advice welcomed as always smile.png

13733528255_99174aed2d.jpg

Looking good!

I was looking at Mars through my scope last night for the first time but wasn't able to see much as it was fairly low in the sky. Next time I really need to stay up late and get some better seeing.

What time did you take these?

Thanks for sharing your technique, it gives me some good pointers as to what to try myself.

Thanks both :)

As I say it's improving but Mars is such a different beast to imaging say Jupiter or Saturn. I think by the time I get the hang of it, it will be too late!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is an excellent image Felix. Mars is difficult to nail. and you have done well. Very frustrating when it is squirming about all over the place.

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived