NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aurora, early alert.

Ptarmigan

There are mid-lattitude (medium strong) aurora reports on the amateur radio 144MHz and 50MHz bands.

So I checked ACE = active,  and AuroraWatch = just gone to yellow.

So, worth keeping an eye out later if you get a clear sky (ha!)

oh, then there is the problem of a moon ? Oh well, you never know :) !

If it were dark now I would suggest folk in Scotland keep a good look-out at this current strength.

Need to get a lot stronger yet ( always hope ! ) for us down here  :(

So long since I saw the sky, just going to run Stellarium to see where the moon is, I think that might be a prob as well ??

However, it is completely clear!  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:

Hurriedly re-attaching my finderscope (which involves a bit of drilling) and have stowed my 2 year old lad for the night (which means I have a cats chance of finishing the collimation of my primary - eek!) and then out for the first time in weeks!  Yay!

Can't go out, gotta work tomorrow. Means getting up at silly hour to get the household in order before a full day's slog a t'mill.

:sad:   Sympathies.   :sad:   

(Ahh . . . go on . . . go on, go on go on, go on . . . just a quick bino peek maybe?)

:sad:   Sympathies.   :sad:   

(Ahh . . . go on . . . go on, go on go on, go on . . . just a quick bino peek maybe?)

No, because knowing me, a quick bino peek will turn into a 16" Dob full blown affair, out until 2am, up at 5.30am and I'll have to make up for it the following day when I'm even busier. :D

Roll on retirement (27 years time?) :D

Sometimes sleep is inconvenient!

turn into a 16" Dob full blown affair, out until 2am, up at 5.30am ,,

Roll on retirement ,,

Sometimes sleep is inconvenient!

Yep it certainly is, I was well stuck into a bit of programing last night so I didnt go to bed till 4.15am,

but the downside of being retired is that you dont get holidays anymore, in fact I was surprised to find wife still here this morning, "I thought it was Monday, shouldnt you be at work ?" "No, dearest, it is Easter holiday" "oh!"

Tell you what, special for you, I'll keep your 16" busy whilst you sleep for work, cant offer fairer than that !! :) :)

(Shouldnt we be doing this in the Lounge  :?) ! I mean the other lounge :) )

Game over.    :clouds1:

At least I no longer have to rush the finder scope drilling. (which is a relief)

And Beulah, correct me if I'm wrong, but your AV is the little chap from the Spectrum game 'Sabre Wolf'?     Showing your age there, kid!    :evil6:   (oh, hang on . . . so am I . . . dammit!)

And, Ptarmigan, you're a chap!?   Re. retirement:  Friday night is still 'The Weekend' and time to cut loose!    :grin:

m

Haha, Sabre Wulf, loved that game, although I had a CPC464....

As for cloud, I went outside about an hour ago and was greeted with crystal clear skies, rushed in, pulled the scope down stairs and....yep, clouds at my back door laughing in my face declaring "Psych!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived