NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter through mist with the 3 x teleconverter

any pointers please as i am struggling to get good focus on planets.

post-12098-0-99480400-1396391516_thumb.j

who said planets are easier than DSOs,this is a stack of 1800 video frames with a lifecam 3000 on a 127 mak with a 3x teleconverter. done tonight.

I tend to try to focus the moons rather than Jupiter
slide it just out of shot but keep a moon in the FOV then try to focus on that
or focus on a near by star first

BTW nice pic considering most are reporting really poor viewing if any

Smart Sharpen in Photoshop at the very end really puts some icing on the cake. It's always best to image on the most transparent, super still upper atmosphere nights you can for the best best best results.

i wondered what all that stuff was on my car and i hav'nt even been to the beach thanks stuart.

mitchelin i use the scope cover with the two holes over the spider arms as a make do bathinov mask ,and yes i have left it on a time or two lol.

Nice shot despite the murk! I've tried focusing on a bright star with my Phillips but can't pick it up even with the Gain and evetything pushed up. I also focus on a moon with a mask, with the gain etc up high. The mask's diffraction spikes are faint and a bit blurred but still usable.

Archived