Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

photoshop cs3

I use Photoshop CS3 Extended at home for astro processing. It is a fantastic package.

I use the latest standalone version CS6 Design and Web Premium at work and it has nothing extra that I would want for astro use.

Very good price but I would almost say suspiciously low. I think I paid £130 about 3 years ago. There have been lots of hooky copies on ebay that don't work and you have no come back. If you trust that the seller has a legitimate copy, that's a bargain.

i use CS2 which was free from the adobe website i while back not sure if it still is?

I don't know if the download page is still up on the Adobe site but it was never 'free'. We need to be clear on this. It was made available to existing license holders of CS2 products in case they needed to reinstall. A set of activation codes was posted because they stopped supporting on-line activation. You might be able to download and use it, but if you didn't purchase a valid license, your use of this software is illegal. Such use cannot be condoned or encouraged publicly on SGL  :police:

It's awkaward legally for SGL if folks keep insisting that you can get CS2 for free. You cannot legally do so.

CS3 is excelllent. It's the version I use. I bought it fairly cheaply and quite legally from Amazon. My worry was whether or not it would work on Win7 but it does so perfectly happily. Personally I thrive on CS3 and Pixinsight but I wouldn't want to work only in one of them.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2266922474&k=Sc3kgzc

Another CS3 user here.

A worthwhile add-on to PS is Noel Carboni's Astronomy Tools: http://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/Astronomy_Tools_For_Full_Version.html

And, if you don't have Pixinsight, download Hasta la Vista Green (free) from the Deep Sky Colors website and Gradient Xterminator from Russ Croman. Both are very important tools.

Olly

I don't know how my esteemed colleagues can obtain cheap legal copies of PhotoShop as I just checked the price of CS3 on amazon, £579.98. My advice is to buy either StarTools or Pixinsight. I belive the upgrade is about £130.00 or so but you must already have a licensed copy of either CS or CS2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Photoshop-CS3-PC/dp/B000O17CQ0

Regards,

A.G

I don't know how my esteemed colleagues can obtain cheap legal copies of PhotoShop as I just checked the price of CS3 on amazon, £579.98. My advice is to buy either StarTools or Pixinsight. I belive the upgrade is about £130.00 or so but you must already have a licensed copy of either CS or CS2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Photoshop-CS3-PC/dp/B000O17CQ0

Regards,

A.G

It does vary. Offers come and go. When I say 'legal' I can't say that I ran my huge team of permanent legal staff over the contract but I got a license key in a boxed set with CDs and bought it through Amazon in good faith. If it was as easy as that for me to find then I suspect that Adobe might have found it as well and objected if necessary...

Olly

No idea. I bought mine from Amazon, Photoshop CS3 Extended version 10.0 full boxed version with manual. Exactly as you linked above but it was something like £119 plus £10 postage. I did have PS elements 7 before (freebie with new PC), but I didn't upgrade I replaced.

When I upgraded at work last year, CS6 was only about £650.

It does vary. Offers come and go. When I say 'legal' I can't say that I ran my huge team of permanent legal staff over the contract but I got a license key in a boxed set with CDs and bought it through Amazon in good faith. If it was as easy as that for me to find then I suspect that Adobe might have found it as well and objected if necessary...

Olly

Quite a valid point you have there sir.

Regards,

A.G

I don't know if the download page is still up on the Adobe site but it was never 'free'. We need to be clear on this. It was made available to existing license holders of CS2 products in case they needed to reinstall. A set of activation codes was posted because they stopped supporting on-line activation. You might be able to download and use it, but if you didn't purchase a valid license, your use of this software is illegal. Such use cannot be condoned or encouraged publicly on SGL  :police:

oh right, that is news to me and after a quick google, i would imagine it would be news to many millions of other users as well. i thought it was an old out dated version that came with no support or upgrades. thank you for information. it looks like a CS3 ebay purchase may be on the wanted list.

is the 2nd hand CS3 on ebay legal if it has been installed on more the one computer?

I would guess that the many millions of people chose to ignore the fact and hope that Adobe won't be too bothered in chasing them... However  SGL and it's admin team cannot condone that behaviour and as such will always point out the true legal status of the "download" available on the Adobe site.... We have had the situation clarified by Adobe themselves...

The Forums admins stance on such matters is covered in the Code of Conduct...

I pay around £10 a month for the Adobe CC for Photographers package and get 2 licenses each for  Adobe CC and Lightroom5  and a couple of extra add-ons you can mix any combination of PC and Mac computers and they have to access the internet every month to effectively "update" the license....

Unfortunately the offer to sign up ran out yesterday even thought he website is still "up"...

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom?store_code=gb&locale=en

Peter...

Archived