Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo triplets at 250mm

Jannis

Not sure if this fits better in the widefield area, but oh well. :)

Managed to get 50x 60s exposures at 250mm F/7.1 ISO 3200 this night in between the clouds,trees and street lights.

Canon 550D, EF-s 55-250 @ 250 F/7.1. No calibration files used.

Just for fun i run it trough astrometry.net's "enhanche" function, and got remarcably better galaxies.

On the 2nd pic, i borrowd some lum. data of the galaxies from astrometry's enhanche picture, and overlayed it. It surly looks better - i just wonder if it's actually my data or not..? Does anyone know if they actually just enhanche your actual data, or if they add data to make it better?

post-9520-0-41612600-1395746804_thumb.jp

post-9520-0-12153500-1395746817_thumb.jp

Nice widefield!

About the enhance function, i think it is adding data maybe? I only say that as i've never even heard of it before and if its doing that with data hidden in you image then i think everyone would be using it! It really does do a good job although i think your original image has more detail in the galaxies.

Thanks. :)

I belive it adds data too. This is how it looks right "out of the box" when running it trough enhance.

I only stole and added some of it's lum to the galaxies.

They have a coupple of other modes to, but i don't really know what they are - SDSS and GALEX.

http://nova.astrometry.net/user_images/241691#annotated

post-9520-0-91211500-1395827478_thumb.jp

Thanks. :)

I had almost decided never to bother with a zoom lens again, but as it wasn't very good conditions, my scope was currently not ready to use, i gave it a go anyway.

It turned out better then i expected as a wide-field image.

Archived