Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anybody ordered an ES Dob??

emadmoussa

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bohm's answer:

"the reason for the delivery delay for the 12" is, that the telescopes didn´t arrive completely. We awaited the shipment of the missing parts last friday - but they didn´t arrive. I hope to have them today or tomorrow...  "

I cancelled my order after so long waiting. To be honest, i'm tired of e-tailers saying they've something in stock ready to go, when in reality.....they haven't.

What is it then......virtual stock ?

It happened again to me this week with some musical equipment, so i cancelled and I'm going to a real shop, with actual real things in it.

I think ES should have waited until everything was ready to go until putting them on the site, it only winds people up.

It was obviously tied up with Astrofest, when the scopes were fresh in everyones minds.

Shame.....good products at a good price.....V.bad CS.

I cancelled my order after so long waiting. To be honest, i'm tired of e-tailers saying they've something in stock ready to go, when in reality.....they haven't.

What is it then......virtual stock ?

It happened again to me this week with some musical equipment, so i cancelled and I'm going to a real shop, with actual real things in it.

I think ES should have waited until everything was ready to go until putting them on the site, it only winds people up.

It was obviously tied up with Astrofest, when the scopes were fresh in everyones minds.

Shame.....good products at a good price.....V.bad CS.

The problem is they dont accept virtual money :grin:

I hate to disappoint you, buddy. But when I had issues in my ES mount, I heard 'will be shipped on Monday' 3 times, before they finally said it'll surely ship tomorrow (Tuesday), then Tuesday turned out to be Friday...then Friday turned out to be actual shipping on the next Wednesday.

I'm waiting to see your review of the mount to see if it's worth the investment - even though my experience with ES products has been very good. So hopefully, if their scopes are as good as their mount or EPs, then you're in for a very decent astro instrument.

I think the worst thing about astronomy is waiting for new gear to arrive which at the end of the day isnt so bad really is it?

Frustrating ....Yes!! But after a few session with your new dob Tom you'll soon forget about the time spent waiting and I'm sure it will be well worth it. :)

I think the worst thing about astronomy is waiting for new gear to arrive which at the end of the day isnt so bad really is it?

Frustrating ....Yes!! But after a few session with your new dob Tom you'll soon forget about the time spent waiting and I'm sure it will be well worth it. :)

but getting the goods is half the battle, getting clear sky is the other half

I'm a fairly patient person and as long as I'm kept in the loop about delays, deliveries, etc. I can wait.

The reviews of ES kit is generally very good. For the price, I've heard comparisons made with TV and the mounts are equally praised.

So I'll wait, although disappointed with the delays, for what I hope will be a cracking scope.

In my opinion Explore Scientific products are somehow underestimated, thanks to a generation of Al Nagler's worshipers (not to underestimate Televue though). I put both of my Deloi up for sale and they were gone in no time, while the ES 20mm is struggling to sell. Not because it's bad, but because there's  general ignorance of how good these ES products are. If I had to choose between a  Delos and an ES 100-deg, I'll pick the ES with my eyes closed. Same story when I put the ES mount up for sale, I received tons of questions that gave me the impression people are just suspicious about the quality of ES products. I don't blame them really, same as many products out there...new brand names are a scary thing. If you're going to spend few hundred pounds on astro gear you might as well take the safe route and go ahead for kit most astronomers are comfortable with.

I know I'm jumping the gun  by saying that, but I have faith the optical performance of the new ES Dob will be equal to that of Sky-watcher or GSO (which is also an underestimated brand :D ). Or at least won't be worse...

My main concern is the actual build in terms of deflecting stray light and dew. If the new Dob actually does what they say it does, then we've got a new star on astro  boulevard. 

I'm tempted to keep my ES EPs stored until I have managed to be back on ''my astro feet'' again...which won't be long...fingers crossed.

Archived