Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anybody ordered an ES Dob??

emadmoussa

I hope it arrives soon too Tom and I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it plus photos of course  :smiley:

Does anyone remember the launch of the Meade 127 ED triplet refractor ?. That was announced by Meade in a blaze of publicity followed by a long, long silence. Meanwhile clones of the scope with other branding were sold from a number of sources but it took over 18 months for Meade branded ones to arrive. There were rumours of Meade not being entirely happy with the quality of initial batches and that sort of thing. When the Meade ones did arrive they were marketed as having been individually optically checked by an independent EU company prior to shipping, which was slightly unusual. In the end the scopes turned out pretty good generally but it was a long wait for those wanting a Meade one and maybe some nervousness over quality from those who bought them under other brands.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been a marketing manager in a previous life, I can attest to the zeal of sales departments - selling stuff that isn't ready and advertising before stock arrives.

This is especially problematic when regional sales hubs are managed from a global central office. Promised stock that never arrives, cos someone has a sales target to achieve or releasing products before technical are happy.

Generally the problem with new release items is technical rather than stock and as an early adopter, I'm glad QC seems to have held them back.

Interesting pics from Bohm. Plenty of scope for shrouding the tube and secondary cage and matt blackening the shiny black bits I would have thought.

I wonder how counterbalancing will work with heavy eyepieces ?

Archived