Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M106 and Buddies (130pds)

Uranium235

Right, time to see if this little newt can deliver some galaxies!

Ive been a bit lazy in getting the flats done, but I finally got round to it this morning. Still no cure for the light corners, despite taking flats at 5 different ADU levels (none of which cured it) - I also picked up a bit of a large dust bunny in one corner, so its time for a good clean methinks! The only way out of the corner problem is to get bigger filters (so I keep telling myself!).

Being as its galaxies, no binning this time as I need as much resolution as I can get (in this case its 1.7" p/p). Colour to follow (eventually!)

M106 + Buddies

8x600 (L)

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking :)

Rob

12876522975_a5dea5030f_b.jpg

Cheers guys :)

Ive just had it all apart and the L filter was quite mucky! Ive also improved the spacing arrangement (used to by 0.5mm to short) with just one adapter, rather than the combination of 3 that I used the other night (should be less prone to trouble).

Excellent - a nice crisp result. Just shows that you don't need 'exotic' glass to capture fascinating images! I love that little group of four stars and the edge-on galaxy with its clear dust lane at the bottom left corner.

Archived