Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Uranium235

M106 and Buddies (130pds)

Right, time to see if this little newt can deliver some galaxies!

Ive been a bit lazy in getting the flats done, but I finally got round to it this morning. Still no cure for the light corners, despite taking flats at 5 different ADU levels (none of which cured it) - I also picked up a bit of a large dust bunny in one corner, so its time for a good clean methinks! The only way out of the corner problem is to get bigger filters (so I keep telling myself!).

Being as its galaxies, no binning this time as I need as much resolution as I can get (in this case its 1.7" p/p). Colour to follow (eventually!)

M106 + Buddies

8x600 (L)

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking :)

Rob

12876522975_a5dea5030f_b.jpg

Edited by Uranium235
  • Like 10

That little scope is working extremely well! Those images are excellent, lots of detail and well focused.

ChrisH

Great job Rob, once I get that MPCC sorted out may get results like yours.

Regards,

A.G

Hi Rob very nice and there's a few buddies with him I count a possible 8 rather good I look forward to your images

Pat

Cheers guys :)

Ive just had it all apart and the L filter was quite mucky! Ive also improved the spacing arrangement (used to by 0.5mm to short) with just one adapter, rather than the combination of 3 that I used the other night (should be less prone to trouble).

Excellent - a nice crisp result. Just shows that you don't need 'exotic' glass to capture fascinating images! I love that little group of four stars and the edge-on galaxy with its clear dust lane at the bottom left corner.

Crikey Rob where are you getting your clear skies from? You've turned that scope into a right cracking production line. Fantastic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it! what detail for 650mm focal length, this is the little scope that can!

Chris

Lovely image , looking forward to seeing what else you can do with this lovely little scope.

Paul