Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My gear stolen

George

That sucks Upgrader! A telescope is a quite distinctive item so the market for on selling would be fairly limited. I wonder if there's a way of permanently marking the them with some kind of code that would help identify stolen equipment (not that it helps you now!) - they used to advertise that sort of things for videos and TVs etc. It's makes me very angry when these mongrels seem to think they have a right to flog stuff that someone else has worked very hard to get.

Well said.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read all the above. Really sorry to hear this and feel for you. Other places you may consider where said B*$t*^d$ may be fencing might be local second hand shops, local or national bargain pages or even your nearest Exchange Mart. It might pay off to put the word out to these people who might then have methods of informing the local police and hopefully capturing said criminals.

All the best.

Rigel1

Just read all the above. Really sorry to hear this and feel for you. Other places you may consider where said B*$t*^d$ may be fencing might be local second hand shops, local or national bargain pages or even your nearest Exchange Mart. It might pay off to put the word out to these people who might then have methods of informing the local police and hopefully capturing said criminals.

All the best.

Rigel1

But there again, on the other hand, If I did see any of my items for sale somewhere, would I really want them back. I might just settle for the insurance payout and learn my lesson. Albeit the hard way. Either way, It's a terrible situation to be in but take solace in knowing you are the better person.

Rigel1.

Just read this Upgrader and feel for you.

The thieving B's need their hands chopping off!

I had my house burgled many moons ago and had amongst many other things all my photography gear stolen so know exactly how you're feeling :D

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Roy

As well as martins suggestion, can any member also notify any other forum that they are members of.

I have posted in the UKAI forum.

Dave.

ps sadly though places like cashconverters exist which could make it too easy to fence stuff :D

My only hope is that if they did sell the stuff then the drugs they purchased were good enough to cause overdose.

As well as martins suggestion, can any member also notify any other forum that they are members of.

I have posted in the UKAI forum.

Dave.

ps sadly though places like cashconverters exist which could make it too easy to fence stuff :D

My only hope is that if they did sell the stuff then the drugs they purchased were good enough to cause overdose.

Well said Dave :D

If you have the seriel numbers of the gear, try popping round the local (and nearest towns) cash converters as the little sh*** often fence them to someone else who then sells the stuff to cash converters etc.. its also worth keeping an eye out on the cash converters website..

A good way of catching them in the act is to have a silent alarm that consists of a transmitter/receiver which lets you know inside the house that someone has entered the garden/obsy. Then you call plod whilst they think they are undetected. You can then either let off an external siren or shine a blinding light on them if you think the police arent going to get there on time. On the other hand you could collar them yourself.

We had a visit in our area Neighbourhood watch of experts from one of the big alarm firms. They told us say the police won't come to alarms and treat your calling them that thieves are there as a case to do a health and safety assessment before risking police. If you say you are going to shoot the robbers the police will send (armed police) to arrest you! The security lot suggested a dummy box on the house plus CCTV and a silent alarm that rang in the security firms control room. They had found that normally the police would respond when they phoned the alarm report in.

We live in a mad world!

The county has lost it's spine if you ask me.A lot of sacrifices were made to prevent the very thing we seem to be encouraging now.

Cowardly thugs roaming about doing as they please, and nothing to deter them.

:D :D :x

Obsy is like Fort Knox now :D, 2 massive case hardened locks and hardware, also fitted an alarm with a 120+db siren (scared the life out of my son who was holding it while I tested it)...made me jump too. Also got a push button security lock too that Im fitting this weekend.

Loss adjusters are coming on Weds, guess they want to see what sort of nutter keeps laptops and digital cameras in a shed :D:lol::D, seriously tho these guys are like the gestapo and have an uncanny way of making you feel like a criminal, I'm not looking forward to the visit even tho I have documented proof of purchase and some of the stuff is photograped. These weasels will be looking at everyway possible to NOT pay me out.

I want to also thank everyone for there kind words and support, it has been really appreciated......thanks guys.

George

Obsy is like Fort Knox now :D, 2 massive case hardened locks and hardware, also fitted an alarm with a 120+db siren (scared the life out of my son who was holding it while I tested it)...made me jump too. Also got a push button security lock too that Im fitting this weekend.

Loss adjusters are coming on Weds, guess they want to see what sort of nutter keeps laptops and digital cameras in a shed :D:lol::D, seriously tho these guys are like the gestapo and have an uncanny way of making you feel like a criminal, I'm not looking forward to the visit even tho I have documented proof of purchase and some of the stuff is photograped. These weasels will be looking at everyway possible to NOT pay me out.

I want to also thank everyone for there kind words and support, it has been really appreciated......thanks guys.

George

What about the roof. Round here on a number of occasions the thieves have cut their way in and/or removed tiles from the roof. It seems they like a challenge!

Did you see the prog. on Telly (Dispatches or Cutting Edge on 4) about the insurers? Gestapo is not in it - if they think you are fiddling they are going to get you even if you are not. The excuse is that lots do fiddle and they save others money by investigating claims and policies to make sure you get what they think you should. Maybe the prog. was picking cases but if the police went on like that...

Archived