NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good quality 9-10mm EP

g0ibi

The Vixen NLV are great eyepieces, though they are no longer made - retailers are currently selling off their current stock. 20mm eye relief. There is a recent thread where someone is trying to decide between the 10mm Radian and the 10mm NLV. The NLV has less fov (50 as opposed to 60) but the views are very crisp.

I would go for the 10mm Delos which I regret selling, a case of Ethos fever caused it. The 10mm Radian is also very good indeed, I feel you could get both with the amount you wish to spend but they do not come up that often, none does John 10 mm XW.

Good luck with the hunting.

Alan.

Not used a Delos but i can imagine they are stunning. Have owned the 10mm Pentax XW, like John mentioned, and it was perfect in every way. Needed to sell it to buy something else but the best eyepiece i've ever used. Also loved the 8.5mm Pentax XF. Brilliant in the binoviewers. 

Used Radians are about £100 and excellent value. one thing I became aware of recently is that if you want to sketch them often a smaller field of view is an advantage as to me at least, it's slightly easier to capture the 'look' of the field/object

Archived