Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd East Anglian Meet - Sun 10th Feb

Hi All,

The second East Anglian SGL members meet will be on Sunday 10th February. I reckon 17:30 - 18:00 start??

This will be an evening session obviousy with the intent of observing. We hope to have a contingency plan in place in case it's cloudy!! Perhaps a desk top imaging tutorial by Dave (Centroid) and/or Rog (Celescope). I recall Rog also mentioned dancing lessons in the large function hall :D

The location is a small village hall just to the south of Ipswich. The hall is new and has excellent facilities. There is minimal light pollution, virtually no immediate neighbours to disturb and importantly a south facing patio with views almost down to the horizon. Dave also estimates a 270 degree sky visibility.

Light refreshments will be provided.

Please post here or PM me if you are interested. I will then provide location directions. If anyone has a problem with transport in the local area give me a shout and we will see if we can arrange a lift.

Cheers

Bill£ :D

I hope you get a good turnout Bill

I won't make it though its a bit far for me but thanks lots for the invite :D

Shame you can't make it - perhaps next time?? Give me a shout if you change your mind.

I certainly hope to make this one Bill!

Daz,

Excellent, I'll send you a PM with directions, etc.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

anymore for anymore , have we any more names that would like to be here at the Anglia meet

Rog

Rog,

I'm going to send invites and directions to all those who expressed an interest for the first meet and also include our group of newer members.

Look forward to seeing you all there on the 10th - ALL welcome!! :D

Cheers

Bill £ :D

I'm now in the process of sending out directions to all those who have expressed an interest.

If I have missed any one please let me know asap.

Also, if anyone needs transport in and around Ipswich then PM me and I will do my best to provide a lift :iroc:

Look forward to seeing you all.

Cheers

Yes a big thanks to Bill and Dave , and i can only say sorry for the poor tutorial , We will make sure next time everything works ok , and do a better presentation , but hope you guys managed to grasp a little of what i was saying ,lol i was having trouble getting to grips with this duel monitor business , be sure this will be alot better next time . and great to meet some new faces as well ,

Rog

No thanks needed for Bill and I, all we did was organise it.

The thanks should go to Roger (Celescope), Tony (mightymonoped), Prasad, Steve (parallax) and RayS, for coming along and making it a very pleasant and successful evening.

It was nice to be able to 'put faces' to some more names, and have the pleasure of meeting and chatting with you all.

For those that were unable to make it, we certainly hope you will be able to do so next time around.

We had two 8" Newts on driven mounts, one with GOTO, and an ED80, all of which were put to good use under the clear dark sky. Unfortunately, as the evening wore on, a mist began to descend over the fields. At this point we all went into the warm, for a 'cuppa' and doughnuts (courtesy of Bill).

Roger gave a tutorial on processing images in Maxim and Photoshop, and although we had some 'teething problems' in getting Roger's Lap-Top to 'talk' to my digital projector, we managed to sort it and Roger was able to 'do his stuff'. Thanks Rog :D

Next time I'll probably do the same with Astroart 4, if required.

Looking forward to the next one.

Dave

Glad you all enjoyed it. Hope the drive back was ok?

Sorry I didnt manage to make it, I was just so tired from being out two nights in a row that I was having trouble walking up/down stairs, lets alone driving over to the meet.

No worries Steve, we guessed you'd had an "all weekender". Hope you will be able to make the next one.

i can only say sorry for the poor tutorial

The technology conspired against you Rog. Personally I found it very useful. You make it look so easy.

I have posted up a report of the evening under a new thread.

Cheers

Bill£

As the complete newcomer there, I'd like to say a huge thanks to all of you experts for patiently answering my questions and showing me how the hardware (& software Roger!) works and of course to Bill & Dave for doing the organising!

I'm really looking forward to the next time and hope to have my own operating scope by then. I'll volunteer now to bring the donuts as well.

Prasad will maybe have his own Barlows by then Tony :saturn:, Roger will have the laptop/projector link sussed :D and Bill will have sorted his polar alignment :stars:.

Just joking guys!

Hope to see you all again soon.

Ray

Archived