SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M78 LRGB

Avdhoeven

Recently I have been working on images of M78. My image location is heavily light-polluted and therefor many images are necessary. I shot about 11 hours of luminance data from my backyard on 25 and 26 December.

Luckily Maximo Ruiz from Spain shared his color image of this region with me so that I could generate a LRGB image of M78. This was my hardest target until now, as the dark clouds are very hard to catch from my environment. I'm planning to gather more data when weather permits, but for now I'm already very happy with the result.

Luminance:
Telescope: TEC140
Camera: QSI583 with astrodon L-filter
Exposures: 62x600s and 8x300s (11 hours)

Color:
Camera: Canon 50D (cooled)
Telescope: Orion optics CT8
Exposures: 25x720s (5 hours)

post-16343-0-79041600-1388957383_thumb.j

As you say, this is a murderous object especially from an imperfect sky. You still have quite a bit of noise after all that time but that won't be your fault, it is just an object that struggles to make itself seen above sky noise. Nice processing both of the Lum and colour.

Olly

As you say, this is a murderous object especially from an imperfect sky. You still have quite a bit of noise after all that time but that won't be your fault, it is just an object that struggles to make itself seen above sky noise.

Olly

I plan to make more images as soon as weather changes. I want to see how far I can get... :)

Archived