Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

well chuffed

happy-kat

Took advantage of that Boots offer on the Canon 1100d and it arrived today.

Came with the IS lense and a free 16gb SD extreme card.

Paid just £211.43 so big thank you to the member who shared the offer on UK hot deals.

Now we have a camera that supports higher ISO and can learn more as we practice.

This won't be getting attached to the heritage.

Also have some old FD lenses from the 70s just waiting for the adaptor though they won't reach infinity I know.

Here's to some fun with learning to use a file DSLR.

ooooo discovered a neat feature when playing and learning how to use this.

Self timer and continous shots, managed to test 10 second timer follwed by 5 successive shots of ISO 1600 and 5 second shutter.

Probably old hat to many but all new to me and with this Rubbish weather might as well get learning.

Enjoying it :-) working through the manual and testing stuff out has made a difference to speed of setting changes, about 1/3 the way through. Also using some old FD lens fab glass but currently limited to macro with them.

Thank you for the link.

Using my Nexus 7 and the app Remote Release was able to release the shutter through the USB cable, much easier to take about then a PC (no laptop) lol.

So I might look at their full blown DSLR EOS app... though I don't need it so I will window shop :D

Love the fact the camera is open and not locked down.

My FD lens adaptor arrived the type that only allows macro no infinity focus, i fitted for all 3 lens with varying focus distance from 3 inches to about 12 feet for the long zoom lens.

Took this with the 1.8 50mm

Pleased with the quality of the image this was taken jpeg no post processing.

Quite happy to work totally manually as needed to use these lens.

gallery_28282_2970_2293728.jpg

So i have got the adaptor with a lens in it coming which in theory gives infinity focus though I lose the first few spots to by pass any sort focus spots experienced otherwise, shame the optics are smaller then the widest f stops on the lens.

The big zoom lens is 85-210 but multiply by the crop factor and this adaptor becomes pretty long but it is very heavy so unless I can support it probably a no go as the camera lens mount is plastic so that would be a lot of strain and damage risk.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived