hi all newbie

garth256

Hi all,

Just got my first telescope,yes for xmass lol. I have always been into space and watching the skys. But now i am armed with a telescope. However i have only been able to use it twice due the storms we have been having here. so far i have seen jupiter. I am still fine tuning my telescope and get used to the bits and bobs. Anyway hi guys.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the wellcomes...can i ask is this a mainly USA site or UK? I only ask so i can phrase my questions. either way i dont mind.

Most of the members are UK-based, but the rest of Europe, Australia, the USA and Canada are fairly well represented.

James

Its our language Garth... We invented it :-)

Ha! Although I always wonder if anywhere else in the world has such different dialects over such a small land area. Compare Norfolk to Geordie and I think you would struggle!

Anyways, welcome, bienvenue, wilkommen etc.

:)

Hi.

I am a newbie. Picked up a second hand telescope (Helios) it has 114mm diameter tube which is 900mm in length. Has a solid tripod with a number of different dials all calibrated. Thing is, the brackets to mount the tube to the tripod are missing and I'm not sure if all the other parts are there. Anybody help?

Thanks

John

Archived