Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 22.12.2013 GRS (Just!)

catman161

Been meaning to post this for a while so here is my image from that night.

So I set up the scope with a view to letting it cool a little longer than it had been already and looked at Jupiter Guide app on my iphone and saw that the GRS was just finishing transiting across the disc so I whacked the 2x TV powermate and ASI120MC on and messed about with focus quickly and fired off a total of 5 avis. Below is the best image.

The avi was 3024 frames and put through PIPP. I then ran it through registax 5.1 which decided to stack 2475 frames then I did the wavelets in there too. I did a little Unsharp Mask in PS CS2 also.

The seeing was a little better at times but still not great I dont think. The jetsream was above us still so I don't think that helped at all.

11645990093_472247b0dd_o.png
22.12.2013 2475 of 3000 withUS by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

Thanks Luke. The conditions that night were better than they have been lately so that helped. Other than that it is just a question of ensuring your collimation is bang in and perseverance and patience waiting for the better seeing.

Archived