Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

bit of a dilema

faulksy

hi guys, im in a bit of a dilema, i now have the funds for my 00 vx14 and mount, but im waiting on the sale of my cpc to fund my other gadgets finder scope, sips and nexus navagation system or argo navis. so what do i do by my new scope and leave it to stand for now untill i sell, or wait and sell mine and buy everything together. im a bit worried if i dont by the 00 now it will go, i also have to buy the 00 mount from germany so need 3-4 days for that to land. any one help. cheers

hi guys/gals after some advise, i have now got the money to buy my vx14 and dob base which is waiting in germany, any way this is my problem, i can buy this set up but i need to sell my cpc to fund the rest of the toys, sips focuser, finder, argo navis or similar, so what do i do by the 00 before it sells and stand it in the corner to admire or wait till i sell the cpc and buy the rest. i no what your thinking i can still use the 00 dob which i can but i will be poo at finding anything at all, and i will have coma everywere lol which after the lovely views through my cpc i dont want to think wow that was a bad move, please help as im realy excited and dont want to be silly but i want everything now lol :grin: :grin:

Sensible advice here :smiley:

Mike have you tried a dob ? It may be prudent to make sure before you buy, I know that's easier said than done.

Also you may have to wait longer to sell your CPC due to the spare cash syndrome at xmas

faulksy,I think you will be fine with the scope as is,with a telrad or rigel.Its fun finding the objects by yourself guided by the constellations and star hopping,gives a sense of satisfaction,for me anyway.Wait until you see m42 with that thing,Im sure you will be happy!

Can't see you going from 9.25" to 14" and being disappointed with the views TBH.

I looked at M42 through Alan's (rustysplits) 14" the other week whilst my 10" was pointing at it too alongside........that's a big jump. It was way better through his scope. I think the 14" has around twice the area of glass. ;)

Oh dear , don't answer my question , I've re read the post. . What a dip stick I am !

when i put thats what i thought i didnt mean your a dipstick rory it was a reply to the credit card bit, dont take offence buddy

Can't see you going from 9.25" to 14" and being disappointed with the views TBH.

I looked at M42 through Alan's (rustysplits) 14" the other week whilst my 10" was pointing at it too alongside........that's a big jump. It was way better through his scope. I think the 14" has around twice the area of glass. ;)

think im gonna go for it on friday need to order the mount tommorrow from ts germany how soon do you think it will come, cant wait feel sick with excitement lol

when i put thats what i thought i didnt mean your a dipstick rory it was a reply to the credit card bit, dont take offence buddy

Lmao , not at all matey, I saw that earlier and it cracked me up . I realised the threads had been merged.

I am a dipstick though, that remains true !

Archived