Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Setting Circle Problem

I waa trying figure put how to use the setting circles on our scope. I was trawling you-tube and came across a couple of videos that showed you how they are used and then explain3d why they are useless. I seem to recall that in order to be accurate enough to find anything the circle needed to be something like 8" in diameter.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

I don't know about the Skywatcher mount setting circles, but the ones on my VIxen mount certainly are usable. I check the error using a nearby star, and then wind the two axes to the correct value; the object is then usually in the central 50% of my 9x50 RACI (5 degree fov). The Vixen s/circles are much less than 8" diameter.

Chris

I don't know about the Skywatcher mount setting circles, but the ones on my VIxen mount certainly are usable. I check the error using a nearby star, and then wind the two axes to the correct value; the object is then usually in the central 50% of my 9x50 RACI (5 degree fov). The Vixen s/circles are much less than 8" diameter.

Chris

The trouble with the circles on my eq5 is that they have too much free play and the vernier scale is poorly aligned. I guess it goes to show that the eq5 is not of the same quality as the Vixen original.

Archived