Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Mun-Key about with the 80 Es-Prit

Sp@ce_d

Well, I didn't expect to use this data as it was only intended for testing out the spacing, balance & guiding with the new Esprit 80. I've had a fair bit of faffing about trying to get the Esprit 80 integrated into my triple imaging setup over the past couple of weeks. Had various hurdles to overcome & seems like an intermittent guide cam failure that's surfaced hasn't been helping either!

There were high thin cloudy/heavy moisture conditions I wouldn't normally bother imaging in. However, now I've had a play it seems a shame to chuck it. So I present to you a quick stab at NGC2175 The Monkey Head Nebula.

This one's also a bit cropped down as the camera orientation changed during the testing. 

6x300 each RGB

7x300 L

4 x 900 Ha

post-11176-0-61080000-1385906830_thumb.p

Fab colour!

Was this all with the Espirit? Its just that the far corners seem very slightly out. Still, you gotta test it!

Yes all with the Esprit Rob. Aye, the corners are out.  It's pretty fussy with the spacing even on the 285 chip! I tweaked the spacing again last night.  Also the guiding has been giving me a headache.. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/200485-why-are-guiding-errors-only-showing-with-esprit80/?p=2115543

never been an issue with 3 scopes before but the Esprit is heavier than the rest. Fingers crossed I got it running with the CoStar on the SX FW/OAG after the QHY on the finder started to throw out device failing to respond errors ( tried with different cables).

Must say, I like what I've seen from the Esprit so far. Ok, the focuser rotation is a bit clunky compared to the WO's but I'm very much looking forward to using it for more RGB rather than the NB I tended to go for with the doublets.

Archived